Located in Michigan, the Muskegon County Jail is a medium security county jail that is arranged in 10 different sections of land in the metropolitan area of Muskegon. The jail has served the county for many years, ensuring criminals are not only arrested for their wrongdoings but are given adequate facilities to restore their behavior so that once again, they become contributing members of society.
However, Muskegon county does not place inmates who are found guilty of serious crimes and are therefore sent to multiple Michigan state prisons.
What is the inmate capacity of Muskegon County Jail?
Built-in 1972, the county jail has a capacity of 370-bed offices that houses different pre-preliminary prisoners. The Muskegon County Jail sees average monthly total bookings of 135 which is supervised by a staff team of 77 members.
Despite this, the Sheriff’s office has several times committed to growing the Muskegon County Jail and improving its facilities to ensure it serves the community to its ftotalcommitments. Muskegon County Jail also provides reintegration programming to male condemned criminals.
How to register on Muskegon County Jail’s online inmate visitation portal?
Family members, relatives, and friends of the inmates are advised to use the following link and make an account there. This is because the Muskegon County Jail only allows visitors that are registered on their portal to do a physical visit.
Therefore, you will have to follow the steps and make an account to register yourself:
- Visit the link.
- Provide the email on which you want to make an account and double verify it.
- Log in using the link that is sent to your provided email address.
- Provide the personal information that is asked.
- Confirm you provided data and submit.
- Your account will be processed within 2 minutes. It may take longer under different circumstances.
How to schedule a visit to Muskegon County Jail?
Scheduling a visit is only possible once you are a registered member of the Muskegon County Jail. If you are not, please follow the above-mentioned steps. If you are a registered member, to schedule a visit, you will need to follow these steps:
- Click on the visitation tab after logging in to your account through any browser.
- If you need to select additional visitors, you will be accompanied by anyone on the visitor page. If you are going alone, then you do not need to add additional visitors.
- On the visitor page, you will also find a “choose inmate page,” This button will lead to the list of all inmates present in the Muskegon County Jail. Select the one you want to visit.
- Once you do that, it will lead you to a page asking for the Date, Time, and Location. Select the data and time that is feasible to you and location click “physical visit.”
- There is a drop-down menu that will give you the available dates. You can click from there if you do not wish to add your own. However, this is not compulsory but rather makes it easier for you to choose a date.
- Once everything is set, you will receive a page asking you to choose a payment method since all visits are charged, unlike other county jails.
- After making the payment, you can then review the information provided and proceed to the “confirm” button if everything is in order.
In what circumstances does Muskegon County Jail not allow for a visit?
There are plenty of reasons why you will not find any visitation times available. These reasons can vary under the following conditions:
- All available slots might be taken.
- The facility may undergo some security or maintenance and have temporarily closed visitations.
- Inmates might have already used their allowed visitation hours.
- Visitors allowed their visitation hours may have used them.
- The inmate has a restriction, thus jail reserving his or her rights for a visit.
What are visitation policies at Muskegon County Jail?
While visiting an inmate at Muskegon County Jail, you have to keep the following things in mind:
- All visits are to be booked 24 hours.
- Visits can happen only from 8:30 AM to 10:55 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:55 PM.
- A maximum of two adults and 2 children are allowed per visit.
- All on-site visits take place from Mondays to Fridays.
- Visitors will be asked to leave after the 25-minute long length of the visit is completed.
- No electronic devices are allowed within the facility.
- No purses, backpacks, food, or drinks are allowed.
- Clothing needs to be formal.
- Visitors seen displaying obscene or inflammatory words, symbols, names, and gestures will be asked to leave immediately.
What are the Address, Mail Addresses, and Contact Information of Muskegon County Jail?
The following is the address of Muskegon County Jail:
- State: Michigan
- City: Muskegon
- Postal Code: 49442
- County: Muskegon County
- Phone Number: 231-724-6289
- Location: 25 West Walton Avenue, Muskegon, MI, 49442
The Mailing address is as follows:
- [Inmate’s Name]
- Muskegon County Jail
- 980 Terrace Street
- Muskegon, MI 49440
How to send money to an inmate at Muskegon County Jail?
This is the way through which you can send money to an inmate at Muskegon County Jail:
- You can send money to an inmate through the help of a Commissary.
- You weed to visit the following address via an eXpress Account Website or call 866-422-6833. The hours of operations are from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- You will have to pay a mandatory $4.50 handling fee. You can view all the Commissary items here.
What are medical care facilities provided to an inmate at Muskegon County Jail?
Apart from a small medical facility at the Muskegon County Jail, inmates are allowed to seek a doctor’s advice through the help of WellPath which is an international leader in public healthcare with over 11,000 professionals that have operations in 38 states across the US and Australia.
You can also contact 231-724-6594 to seek information regarding an inmate’s health.
What is the EXIT program of Muskegon County Jail?
The EXIT program, also known as the Empowering Ex-Offenders in Transition is a program offered by Muskegon County Jail to empower incarcerated men to update their job and life skills. The training is focused to enhance an inmate’s work experience and help them find a job.
The training allows an inmate to engage with a local government, court officials, law enforcement, institutions of faith, health & human services, and local businesses so that they can establish an understanding of how things operate around them.
This also allows the inmates to have a priceless opportunity so they can establish & restore healthy relationships with their family members, neighbors, and society.
For all the right reasons, the program has been lauded by many and has been successful to deliver what it stands for.
What are the address and contact details of the Muskegon County Sheriff’s office?
The following are the contact details:
- Muskegon County Sheriff’s Office
- 990 Terrace Street, 6th Floor
- Muskegon, MI 49442
- Phone: 231-724-6351
To view what programs the Sheriff’s office offers for community engagement, you can view this website and see all the upcoming events. Visit here.
You can also read articles related to this topic;
- Top 7 Worst Federal Prisons In The United States
- Craighead County Detention Center: Sherif's Office and How to Contact Inmates?
- Byrd Unit Texas: Everything You Need To Know About This Facility
- Segovia Unit Brief Overview Visiting Hours, Inmate Phones, And Location
- Warren Correctional Institution: Is it a Release Unit Information, Visiting Hours?